baby blue

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

So many changes, so little time, so much love

My poor blog...  I clicked on the link the other day and realized that I've neglected it for too long.  Time is short and the to-do list is oh-so long but I must make my blog one of my priorities.

So here are a few bullet points to bring everyone up to speed...

  • Little Brendan is not so little anymore.  He turned two in November 2013 and is an adventuresome, energetic, clever little guy who loves trucks, trains and Sofia the First (it's a phase).  He is the best big brother and a big help to his Mommy.  When he is not drinking gook (milk) or eating ma-uffins (muffins), he is making his brothers laugh by dancing, singing and making silly faces.


  • In February 2013, we found out we were having twins.  Jason and I were nervous, excited, scared but luckily we had enough sense to prepare for their arrival during my first and second trimester.  I went on bed rest at 28wks and at 34wks I was faced with an emergency c-section due to Pre-eclampsia/HELLP syndrome .  Our twins, Gavin and Logan, spent three weeks in NICU.  It was challenging and stressful to say the least.


  • And then they came home....Oh my, the first three months were a complete blur.  It's true that it does get easier or maybe your body and mind just get used to the constant lack of sleep and the never-ending parenting duties.  Jason has been a second-mother by taking on much of the responsibilities.  Somehow we do it all and then some.
  • Gavin and Logan are seven months old now and are healthy, huge and handsome like their Daddy and brother :).  It's amazing to see how far we've come in such a short amount of time.  The days fly by and we try so hard to enjoy every moment of their little lives because we know we will blink and they will be off to college.  


2 comments:

  1. What a nice update! Thanks for sharing. By the way, I realized when you wrote it here that Brendan's word for milk "gook" was the same as Ethan's. Ethan would always say "ga ga gook" for chocolate milk. I don't understand it. What is it with children and "gook" for milk? They sound nothing alike! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your update! Love it! But we need more pictures!

    ReplyDelete